The Adventures of Marianne

Friday, March 25, 2005

Jacques Cartier, right this way

So, after my extended hiatus, during which I allowed Marianne to repeatedly ridicule me (see below), I've decided to fill the void formed by her current occupation, who happens to be 7 feet tall and has a penchant for doing my architecture portfolio for me. Or maybe it has something to do with my exam at 9am tomorrow that I really don't want to have anything to do with, or the piles of group work and job applications that need attending to. It's rather annoying how that works.

So tonight, after a power nap to improve studying efficiency later (riiiight), I had the urge for that classic piece of Canadiana... poutine. Now in Singapore, you can find "Chicken rice" on every corner, often at food stands called "Chicken Rice", but there's no way you're going to find poutine anywhere. It therefore had to be made in house. Because we don't have an oven in the apartment, and because it would simply be too much damn work to make "Freedom fries" proper (who do you think I am, Santiago?), they were provided by the fine folks down at Holland Village Burger King, who also serve as the official condiment supplier of Leedon 2 (by the way, Kingston folk, has anything become of the old BK location on Princess?). The grocery store had no cheese curds, so the fromage aspect of things came from pre-packaged, pre-shredded "fondue cheese", and the gravy came in a mug left out on the counter from when Sonia had brought it home for me from who-knows-where who-knows-how-long-prior. Needless to say, the concoction was terrible, but filled the void. April 12 can't come fast enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home