The Adventures of Marianne

Thursday, April 07, 2005

It's a small world after all

On my way to lunch in Holland Village today, I saw a familiar face at one of the table outside Delifrance. It turns out it was Antonia Kreston, the mother of Becca, who was in my class for three years of High School. Too random. It's strange how you run into people in the least likely of places...

I just got back from taking Andreas to the airport, so now I have to snap back to reality (oh! there goes gravity). Almost three weeks of having a visitor left me in solid denial about my two exams that are coming up in 5 days. Given my, ahem, lax outlook on my scholastic pursuits, it looks like I have some pretty solid cramming coming up.

Otherwise, I finally made it to the Singapore Botanical Gardens and took some pictures. In the VIP Orchid Garden, I found an orchid named after Anne Marie Willoch (the wife of Norway's former prime minister) - pretty cool I suppose.

It's definitely starting to feel like the beginning of the end here - Dan leaves for Canada in 4 days or so, and some others have already left. In one way it seems like it's passed so fast, but on the other side it feels like forever since I arrived. Most it feels like it's gone way too fast. I want to see so much more, but there's so little time! On the plus side, it seems I'm a lucky bastard and will get 10,000 kr ($2000 cdn) back in taxes, which is pretty amazing as it allows me to not live in a box for the next month and a half. As much as I like cardboard, last I heard not even those big refridgerator boxes have decent shower facilities.

7 Comments:

  • Not that you make use of shower facilities anyway. Except to clog up the drain, that is.

    By Blogger Danie£, at 2:09 pm  

  • By the way, the song is by Walt Disney? Do I get a point?

    By Blogger Danie£, at 2:10 pm  

  • Here I go, checking my blog and see 2 new comments. I am immediately filled with anticipation and glee.

    Oh the disappointment of realizing that you, Dan, are in fact the ONLY one that reads this blog.

    *sigh*

    Oh, and about the clogging thing: shut up, you know it's your peeled skin that's clogging it.

    By Blogger Marianne, at 2:45 pm  

  • And: No point. You get a point when I get a point from Kip.

    (in case you didn't know, that means never)

    By Blogger Marianne, at 2:46 pm  

  • At least I don't have mottled-coloured, splotchy boobs! You should also be nicer to your only reader.

    By Blogger Danie£, at 2:57 pm  

  • I read it too.

    And as a hint to the game, check my playlist site first to ensure you get the answer.

    By Blogger Tekal, at 3:49 pm  

  • Hey, I read it too.., since marinanne so enthusiastically left her blogs url with me.. and now i understand why she types away furiously in her labour econs class

    it's just right that I do justice to that :P

    By Anonymous kriti, at 4:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home