The Adventures of Marianne

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Back to Civilization

And so I am back in Europe, where we have civilised things like the Eurovision Song Contest and snow in June. Remind me, why the hell did I leave crystal waters, white shores and extreme mountains for this?!

Being back does have it's perks though - I'm consciously avoiding rice and noodles for the time being, and I don't intend to have a whiff of durian for a while. Also there is a certain joy to be had from sleeping in a bed with a duvet, and a shower where you don't have to scoop the water up from a trough.

2 Comments:

  • I've been back almost two months, and still no rice, noodle or durian for me. I have had an insane amount of mexican food (remember cinema taco bell run?) and lots of steak and potatoes. I miss free-flow though.

    By Blogger DanieĀ£, at 5:32 pm  

  • I really do miss the freeflow too it's rough to have to pay top dollar for drinks in ADDITION to the cover charge. Mexican food is golden though. And I'm pumped for Pizza Pizza in September.

    By Blogger Marianne, at 1:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home