The Adventures of Marianne

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

PS.

As it turns out, Karma turned around and bit me in the ass for the previous entry. 30 minutes after finishing my previous post, I was robbed. Kayella and I were taking a tuk-tuk home from the internet cafe when two guys on a motorcycle grabbed my purse from my lap and sped off.

So, here I am, in the Cambodian capital of Phnomh Penh, sans passport, money, camera and credit cards. It's dismal. To say the least.

Apparently I'm quite lucky, though - the Norwegian Consul told us a story about an incident where a guy had tried to snatch a girl's purse, but the girl had kept her bag across her chest, got pulled out of her tuk tuk and was dragged behind the motorbike for 2 or 3 blocks. That's bad.

Given recent events, I would honestly like to leave the country as soon as possible, but unfortunately I'm stuck here until next week because making an exit visa takes at least 3 business days [which means, my application needs to lie around in a basket for at least 3 days. I hate bureaucracy].

We're heading to Sihanoukville to take refuge on the beaches for the next few days - hopefully things won't get any worse. I'm crossing my fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home