The Adventures of Marianne

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Coca Cola Zero

A few days ago, I noticed a new product on the shelves in convenience stores here in Canada.

Coca Cola Zero, a 0 calorie coke.

Being a bit of a self-proclaimed addict (at least I'm past denial) of calorie-reduced colas, I was intrigued. Why on earth would they introduce this when they already have Diet Coke? Is this not the exact same product?

I conducted an informal taste test in my evening class, and the taste was clearly different. Good different.

Upon returning home, I found it necessary to conduct some research on the topic, and as it turns out, Coca Cola Zero is simply Coca Cola Light* with a different label!


Oh carcinogenic goodness.


* Coca Cola Light is the version of Diet Coke sold in Norway, Singapore and most European countries. It is sweetened with Aspartame and Acesulfame-Potassium, as opposed to just Aspartame, the sweetener in Diet Coke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home