The Adventures of Marianne

Thursday, May 04, 2006

National Lampoon's Family Vacation.... in Thailand

So I'm back in Thailand after a little less than a year, albeit under somewhat different circumstances: The Family Vacation.

After a few days in Bangkok we took the bus down to Hua Hin, where we have, true to form with the average family vacation charter tourist, obtained some impressive sunburns. One of the joys of going on holiday with your parents is the ability to stay in fairly decent places, so rather than staying at the flea-infested guesthouse where the matresses were covered in plastic wrap that I stayed in last year, we stayed at a hotel with a rooftop pool, tv and (thank the lord!) air conditioning.

The plan forward is to stay in Hua Hin until Saturday, head back to Bangkok to pick up my brother, then go north to the random town of Ubon Ratchatani where my dad's conference is. Aleksander and I will then go on to Laos the week after my parents leave. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home