The Adventures of Marianne

Monday, July 02, 2007

Danger

I can't help but notice the increased police presence on my daily commute through King's Cross... I've never really been scared of any kind of terror attacks - I simply feel that it's not worth worrying about, but in all honesty, I was a bit nervous today. The failed attacks yesterday has resulted in armed police everywhere, and an article in VG (a Norwegian tabloid) outlined how a 23-year old Norwegian girl was "living in fear" on her daily tube journey to work. Now I wouldn't go anywhere near saying that I'm "living in fear", but I definitely feel a bit nervous. Not terrified nervous, but simply having a slight unease and uncomfortable feeling hanging about in the back of my mind.

I guess it's all a bit more close to home when they close down the street next to my office...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home